This section provides some cases on how to use the RoboFab objects in everyday type design work.
- OpenType Features in UFO: How to import, export and work with features in UFO.
- Building accents: Use RoboFab to build accented glyphs with components.
- FontLab Remote: Use AppleEvents to control FontLab in Mac OSX
- Generate Fonts: How to generate fonts with RoboFab in FontLab.
- Glyphnames versus GLIF-names: How to use Robofab’s glyph naming schemes for UFO export.
- How to get to FontLab stuff: The naked methods and attributes.
- How to interpolate: How to do interpolation with RoboFab objects.
- How to make a UFO: Export and import UFO’s in FontLab
- Scripting: Simple examples.
- The world module: What on earth is it for?
- Understanding Contours: How contours, segments and points work.
- Using Glyph Math: Applying math operators on glyph objects.
- Using Pens: Playing with pen objects.
- Using the lib: Make the
font.libwork for you.
- Using transformations: Matrix transformations in RoboFab.